Hemp building materials!
I know you’re probably thinking it sounds crazy but, it is true that there are entire warehouses & homes built out of hemp bricks. Naturally, these buildings are not in America.
- These bricks are called hempcrete,
- are 10 times stronger than concrete bricks or cinder blocks
- stronger & safer to use in earthquake zones.
- fireproof, and highly bullet resistant
- waterproof, & mold and mildew retardant
- completely free of insect and rodent pests
- Buildings constructed of hempcrete blocks require no heating or cooling systems to maintain a comfortable temperature- now that’s green energy!
- I’m envisioning an entire revolution in the construction industry using these types of products.
- Imagine some type of spray which could be formulated containing hemp fibers to coat existing structures which would save enormous amounts of energy.
- Hemp fiber insulation is more efficient, non abrasive & shares the same qualities of hemp bricks (above)
The biggest challenge is to get our government to Re-legalize and decriminalize Hemp as an agricultural crop. This would create HUGE new industries & jobs while cleaning & protecting our environment!
What are we waiting for…we must band together & make our political leaders re-legalize Industrial Hemp. It’s NOT marijuana. Why don’t we have these products readily available in the USA?
*Hemp fiber insulation- http://natureproinsulation.co.uk