That is a great question!
- It means “Branding yourself.”
- It means being open, honest & real with your audience.
- It means trying to make a difference in this crazy, mixed-up world using the best that you have to offer.
- It means that if you would like to join forces, talents & gifts with mine, we can make a bigger difference!
- It means that being disabled is NOT a requirement to work with me.
Big red flags have always popped up for me when I read those money making claims that are everywhere on the Internet!
I don’t doubt the Internet Marketing industry is powerful & profitable enough to provide an opportunity for all who want to learn to use it properly. This is the New Empathy Economy. (I’ll be writing more about that another day)
Just like you, I’m hesitant to trust the organizations & motivations behind the claims. Mostly, I had doubts about myself & my abilities. That was the case until I joined a team of entrepreneurs doing the same thing…trying to earn an income from home. Some newer & less prepared, some very skilled & experienced, that’s where the collaboration plays in. Join The Direct Marketing Coach Team Today!
Whether you are just starting out with little or no idea where or how to start, or you’ve started & feel like you need or want to start over you will find the direction, support, resources & help necessary to survive in this ever-changing Internet business.
A Short List Of Where To Start When You Don’t Know Where To Start
- Keep a spreadsheet of people. Make notes about if they’re a prospect, a customer, a colleague, a mentor, a resource, or whatever. Keep tabs on your relationships. Build that network.
- Set up a blog. Use WordPress. A blog should be the heart and soul of You. It’s where you’ll communicate, host, learn and explore. Your blog and your email marketing efforts work together tightly.
- Which brings me to the email list. Set one up from the start. Use the email list to reach out to people, and deepen relationships by building trust. It’s also a mechanism for sales. No matter what changes with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn or Google Plus, etc, your blog and email list will always be the heart and soul of your business.
- Use 1-2 social networks to network with – (any more is too hard to keep up with) Be human. Reach out to people in a very human manner. Don’t choose Facebook -or any social network- just for its popularity. Instead, choose a network because the people you want to connect with will be there, and the quality of functions and features is what you’re looking for.
- Here’s an important one here… Create a content strategy that funnels people closer to working with you in the way that you want them to. Make decisions about when and what to create for your blog, your email list and your social networks. You have to do the work and put in the time to know what is best. In all of the different channels, your goal is to keep people interested, educated, and warmed up for further contact from you.
- Reach out and connect with both the leaders and the up and comers of your industry (add them to that spreadsheet once you connect)
- Decide on your goals right away then determine how what you’ll do to reach those goals, and then… here’s the point… track it. Choose 3-5 metrics for what you’re doing. Track it closely.
- Set a numeric goal that you see every day. For example, I will successfully create a new stream of semi-passive income by October 1st, 2012 that generates between $1K and $2K per month on average and endures for a minimum of 10 years.
That’s it. It’s a simple list, but also long enough to get you started. This is not something that requires you to “sponsor shop” because the step-by-step training & implementation is completed at your own pace.
The added benefit of joining The DMC Team will help you get & stay on top of your game. Staying on top of the changes in Google, Facebook, marketing best practices, email list building, follow-ups with clients or customers, blogging & more, becomes a lot more learn-able, manageable & DO-able with the collaboration of a team.
I look forward to meeting & working with you…See you on the inside!
Thanks for visiting & reading, commenting below, subscribing above & sharing everywhere!
engage with my Fan Page: http:/facebook.com/LoriREmmons